Granite Under Speakers Over A Wood Floor

I would Like to use something over my wood floor that would not scratch it like the spikes do. I remember seeing sonus farber speakers on granite blocks. Does anyone have any experience with this? How would this sound?
128x128fleone
Each of my Acoustats sits on four Prozac tablets because someone told me these speakers are bi-polar. ;>)
Hey VTVU,

You're not having any issues with your set-up, so there's really no problem, but I stumbled across a discussion at audioasylum.com where Bobby from Merlin recommended NOT decoupling Merlin speakers from the floor (which you're doing by placing rubber under the granite). He said that the Merlins are designed to couple to the floor. Like I said, it doesn't sound like an issue in your case, but you can always ask him for info if you're curious (and in the discussion I mention, someone had their VSMs on plywood, over carpetting...not really the same situation).
If you only desire to protect the flooring, I would recommend Audio Points Coupling Discs – made of solid brass with a smooth floor service. Stone even polished versions in contact with wood can scratch (more like scuff) finished flooring as well.

If you are searching to increase the sound quality from your loudspeaker, possibly double your enjoyment of listening and really hear your speaker investment for the first time, I would recommend Audio Points replacing the spikes.

As quoted by Ernie Fisher – Editor The Inner Ear Report – Volume 13 #2, 2001 –
“Folks with spiked floorstanding loudspeakers, regardless of make, should replace the spikes with Audio Points, for the audible benefits here are considerable and quite appreciable”.

The Audio Point is unlike any other cone or spike type product in the Industry. Have a look see at www.audiopoints.com.

To further your understanding of dynamics associated with coupling, de-coupling, absorption, isolation and The Science of Resonance Energy Transfer (a new way of dealing with detrimental resonance) telephone them.

Good luck with your floor and as always - Good Listening.

Robert
rcm1960@msn.com: please disclose your association with audio points and sistrum racks. you post as if you're a civilian. i suspect you are not.
Hi Cornfedboy, On another thread (measuring vibration in equipment)Rcm1960 says he is a manfacturer who produces products that pertain to vibration control. He seemed open and honest but he would rather remain anonymous.