Good Preamp for Emerald Physics 2.3

I was wondering what preamp people have found that matched well with Emerald Physics CS 2.3? Or, does it even matter since the Behringer crossover will convert everything digital and back to analog inside it? I would hate to spend alot of money on a great preamp/DAC and it not matter since there is conversion done in the Behringer 2496 anyway. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.
hooper_ke
My advice is no preamp. I use a computer -> dac -> DBX -> amps, and the computer controls the volume. I recently tried a $10,000 tube preamp in my system and it just degraded the sound. Of course if you have to have a preamp because you do not have a volume control on your source, or you want multi-input selection, then I don't have any advice except to somehow at least try the no preamp option.
Thanks Bdhgon. I actually am old school and still use a 400 disc changer for music. I think I would prefer something a tad warmer than my B&K Ref 70 for music. But, if the signal is converted from analog->digital->analog in the Behringer 2496 than does it matter much whether the incoming signal is slightly warm or slightly bright? I could reason that a better incoming signal could be better even if it is degraded. Conversely, I could reason that the final signal is perceived as slightly bright to me because of the digital crossover at the end. I just want to know if the digital crossover is more of the problem.
I’m using a combination of an Audio Horizon tube DAC and TRL Dude preamp. The EP 2.3’s are very neutral and reveling speakers. They have Titanium tweeters which can be a bit bright with the wrong equipment - but with the right combination of tube source(s), cables and SS amps they are quite amazing. I have the DBX 260 and not the Behringer. I have found it to respond very well to upstream changes - tube rolling to be more specific. It has other minor flaws but does not add “brightness” to the mix in my system. If you have digital sources I can’t imaging not having tubes somewhere within the mix. I would NOT recommend TRL for a variety of reasons, but you might want to give Audio Horizons a call as they have tube dac’s, pre-amps and some other tube warmth gadget. I think they also offer a 30-day trial option.