Good DAC for Home Studio

I'm new to DACs.  I just got a NAD C399 which comes equipped with a 32 bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC.  I'm just getting used to it in our living room with new speakers.  Everything sounds good.

I also have a home music studio with studio monitor speakers.  I would like to add a DAC to this equipment as well.  I've been testing out a Schiit Modi 3+.  It sounds OK, but not as good as the 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC.

I realize that the sky's the limit on good DACs.  I'm just wondering if there are any good mid priced DACs I should be considering for the home studio.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks!

pacificm
Post removed 

I began this thread a few months ago in search of a good DAC for my studio.  I ended up getting a Schiit Bifrost 2/64 and I'm very satisfied with it.  The sound is great.  Plus I like the fact that it is upgradable and updatable.  It seems like this would help ensure more of a lifetime of use as technology changes rather than getting completely locked into any one device without any capability of keeping up with the technology.  Also, I liked the fact that it is made in the USA.  I'm concerned about all the offshoring of our industry and it's encouraging to support a company that is actually creating work for our own people.  Hope that helps!

Post removed