Goldmund speakers

Hi,

I never read about goldmund speakers, are these speakers just for homecinema ?

Can someone share his/her experience with them ?

Thanx
samuel33
EPI 1 is an easy to drive amazingly natural and ACCURATE speaker. Very good base in a small room, really amazing, and light but good bass in a larger room. The best cabinet construct anywhere which means you hear the drivers. Look at the website. These are not "just home theatre "speakers.
All Goldmund stuff is $$$$$$, but, find it used and enjoy.
@Nyctc7 : you say "As to the full epilogue, it costs around a quarter million dollars. Of course it was the finest speaker I ever heard"

with which speakers have you compared them ?

]REPLY

Well, let's say I drove a Rolls Royce and stated it was the finest car I ever drove. What does it matter what other cars I've driven? I'm not a professional reviewer.

I've listened to the top-of-the-line mbl and the top-of-the-line Wilson. And I liked both very much. What is the best? After a certain point, there is no single "best," becuase it comes down to a matter of taste. If I really had the $$ to decide between the top-of-the-line Goldmund, mbl, and Wilson, obviously I would spend a lot more time seriously auditioning them.
Having owned several Avalon models, including the Eidolon Diamonds, and a complete Logos 1 and 11 system, you might find these comments useful. 1) The Goldmunds are high end 2 channel speakers without a doubt 2) The Goldmunds are more accurate and natural than the Avalons 3) The Avalons produce a deeper sound stage than the Goldmunds 4) The Goldmunds are especially well build. At first I thought the choice between the two was easy - it would have been Avalon, but now I would choose the Goldmunds because of their neutrality and naturalness - it is addictive

Amberandorange
While it is difficult to justify Goldmund pricing, it is important to understand that these products are built for and marketed to people who don't need to concern themselves with the cost of things.
The above advice to buy them used is a useful suggestion.

Check out the Goldmund Dialogue speakers. They sold for $8000 per pair in 1987 and were years ahead of their time. While they are rare, you can find a pair today for under $2K if you are patient and you act quickly when you see them for sale.
@Amberandorange : have you compared goldmund with the new model of avalon -Isis or at least indra ?

Because the new crossover is simply fantastic and improve the sound dramaticaly...