Furutech FP-314Ag-II vs FP-S022N

Good morning.

Last year I replaced the old cheap cables in the digital player and amplifier:

1) In the digital player I put a Furutech FP-314Ag-II with custom connectors.

https://www.audioteka.it/cavi-di-alimentazione/furutech-fp-314ag-terminato-schuko-e-iec.html

2) In the amplifier instead a wireworld Oasis 8.

The goal was to gain some depth in the low end and some detail.

When I mounted the wireworld Oasis 8 I did not notice any particular difference.

Note that a few months earlier an old acquaintance of mine brought me some DIY cables and we mounted them in the amplifier and there I noticed a consistent increase in the low end and also an improvement in general.

Having lost contact with that person I decided to opt for wireworld Oasis 8’s which hardly improved or changed anything.

Instead when I mounted the Furutech FP-314Ag-II in the player I noticed a good increase in the low end and also a slight improvement in detail.

At this point I was thinking of getting some Furutech FP-S022N with some custom terminals and replacing them with the wireworld Oasis 8 which did not improve anything.

I wanted to ask if you think I should replace the Wireworld Oasis 8s with the Furutech FP-S022Ns in the amplifier.

And also I wanted to know if in terms of timbre the FP-S022N cable has a more pronounced bass range than the FP-314Ag-II that I have in the digital player.

Thank you all !

marco777

If you want to increase the bass range, put furutech rhodium connectors, [NCF if possible] on to So22n cable. I changed all my power cables and connectors to furutech. this cable takes a long time to bed in. {500 hours} I noticed that the bass sound was even more by then. Furutch silver connectors will help giving in the mids and highs.

I would also say that the So22n cable is one of the cheaper cables. If you bought the 32n etc it would  give you more.

Have you considered using the Furutech DPS-4 on your amplifier?

I would not use the FP-S022N on your amp because that cord is 14 gauge instead go with the DPS-4 or the so32N or so55N.