Full Range Speakers for a Small Listening Room

Do they exist? I listen primarily to classical music in a small dedicated listening room. The speakers must go low. The dimensions are 11 ft wide by 16 ft deep. I currently sit 9 feet from the speakers. My budget would be limited to $10k. Assume I do not have any amplifier restriction. I would be willing to re-do amplification if necessary. I would build a new system based around the speakers. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
pkaram
Thanks for the additional information, Pkaram.

You might consider the Shahinian Hawks, as I believe they meet your criteria. The designer, Dick Shahinian, shares your priorities.

Another possiblitity is the active Gradient Revolution, with a couple of extra bass modules to get you down to 25 Hz. I happen to peddle Gradients, so you're welcome to take this suggestion with a grain of salt.

In horn speakers, you might consider the Pi Acoustics 7Pi cornerhorn. Smoother than the Klipschorn, with very good bass extension, but perhaps not quite all the way down to 25 Hz. You'd have to ask designer Wayne Parham. Stunning dynamics, but corner speakers usually don't image as well as speakers that sit out in the room a little ways. If using subwoofers is an option that opens up other high-efficiency speakers as possibilities, but assuming no subwoofers I think the 7Pi is very competitive. I can go into more detail about them if you'd like.

In planars, the Magnepan 20.1 is probably the front-runner in that price range given your 25 Hz criteria. The Quad 989 is another possibility, and presumably the larger of the two new Quad electrostats is as well (I can't remember its name offhand). I'm not sure of the bass extension of these larger Quads, but it's probably into the upper 20's. Used SoundLab A-1/M-1/U-1's would also work well (I sell new ones, but they're outside your price range). Given that panel speakers are quite large and like some space behind them, they might not be the most practical choice for your room.

Best of luck in your quest!

Duke
My room is smaller than yours and I use Thiel 7.2s with great success. I do have room treatment. I would never think of replacing them with smaller speakers.
I am very happy with my Thiel CS 2.4's They only go down to about 30 hertz according to specs, but the rolloff is very slow- so you could be at about 27 hertz, with barely any sound differnce. I have a similer sized room, perhaps smaller. The Thiels require lots of power and have a low impedence, around 4.0 ohms, down to about 2.9-3.0 ohms.
cheers
Post removed