For an integrated Mcintosh MA-352 amp, CHOICE OF TUBES

I recently acquired an integrated Mcintosh MA-352 amp with stock 2 AX7 TUBES as well as 2 AT7 TUBES in the preamplifier section. I would like to improve the performance of the amp by changing the tubes to either Mullard, Tungsol, RCA  or Valvo.

Do you have any suggestions to go in the direction of sweetness and musicality?

Thank you all.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xroccl007

For my part, this is what I planned to do before opting for a change of tubes. I made my choice on the Acme Audio Labs Silver Ceramic Fuse Cryogenic Treated with CFC 8 amp, small slow blow for the amp and my integrated player the MCD 600 which requires a 2-amp fuse of the same type.When I started this discussion I had not received my Mac player. I must say that since then it has changed the sound to a warmer sound so my choice of tubes will possibly go in another direction, to follow

Yoby, i only changed the main fuse. To be honest I was not aware there were more fuses in the 352.

You will discover that for the MCD 600 player, the fuse is inside the device; short slow blow 2 amp (Ceramic)

For the MA 352 amp I am not sure of the existence of a second fuse inside the device.

It would be interesting if a resourceful man could confirm it to us