Floorstanders vs Bookshelf

Looking for a bit of advice on whether a bookshelf or floorstanding speaker would be better. My room is 13’ x 43 but we sit only about 10’ away for TV watching (we could probably move the couch back a foot or 2 really). I’ve had some Dali Menuets on the wall and was happy with them but I want to move them up to another room. I tried some Monitor Audio Silver 300 and I like them when I am further out in the room working out or playing with the kids. But sitting down I find them giving me a headache, even at low volume. I listened to some Elac Carina speaker and found them to be more relaxing in the bookshelf version. I didn’t get to try the FS version. Any recommendations on what would be a better fit? My amp is a lyngdorf 1120.

valkyrieorion

Consider getting on the list for a Philharmonic BMR standmount. Rather large for a standmount but an alternative that can give a floorstander presentation. Monitor Audio initially sounded great with me but threw so much at you at once it grew tiring as well.  I think it has something to do with the tweeter, the upper mids and high didn't have the required separation, dynamic shifts, etc.

Buddyboy1:

I'm seriously considering either the Pendragons, Uruz or DI models from Tekton. I listen to mostly orchestral music and my ideal listening experience would be to have a set of speakers put me 15 rows back and dead center in Carnegie Hall.

In your opinion, would the Pendragons come close to doing that?

What upgrades did you purchase?

Thank you for any feedback.

All the best to you.

I maybe a bit late on this discussion. I heard Pendragons today at a friends. He has the Seas  version. I believe the hype, those things are nice. I own speakers at 20X his purchase price. Yes the are better, and they should be. I really enjoyed the a Tektons