Feedback wanted from Jolida JD100A owners

I've been doing a lot of research on this player and a few others like the Arcam 73T.

How do you guys like this cd player and what other cd players did you audition? I don't want my highs extended as they are pretty good and borderline excessive. I do like bass though.

Thanks in advance.
dazman
I think the bass is very good, and I am satisfied with it. But of course there are better players in terms of bass. It is hard to have everything without huge money. The only mods I have are dampening, better RCA output jacks and different tubes. I have read several other opinions about modding which also say the mods (which are permanent) change the sound in ways they don't like, versus tube changes which are temporary. I'm glad I didn't get the more complex mods. I can change tubes later if I want. The best mod is probably airborn and mechanical vibration insulation and changing tubes. I also added an aftermarket power cable. I haven't decided if that was needed. Good luck!
I've always been told to upgrade your source first. So I guess a new CDP should be the first step over lets say an amp?
I know this thread is just a little old, but here's my 2 cents on flabby bass. I bought a used 302b a few weeks ago. I was really impressed with the amp at first, but became increasingly unimpressed. Especially at higher volumes, things would get mushy and bass would often become flabby. I have it hooked up to Axiom M60's which I've owned for a couple of years, btw. Amazing speakers. The first tweak I did was purchase good quality interconnects for my cd player. Modest improvement.... I think. Next, I purchased JJ KT77's to replace the Jolida EL 34's. Again, modest improvement, but improvement nonetheless. Later the same day I installed the JJ's, I prepared to perform some mods on my EL 84 based guitar amp. This is a 50 watt amp. I noticed the IEC power cord was much, much heftier than the stock Jolida PC. I gave it a shot. Guess what? This was not a modest improvement. This was a serious improvement. Really, really serious. This is from what is probably a $25 PC. Suddenly everything came to life. Bass is supreme. No more mush. This system is sweet, sweet, sweet. I sit and listen like I used to listen to music when I was a teenager. My girlfriend gets ticked because she thinks I spend too much time with my system.

Okay, so that's the 302b. I was using a cheap, temporary Pioneer universal player that I bought with the intention of replacing in my music system. This week, I did just that. I got a JD-100. It's taken my system to yet another level. It has made cds that I thought sounded so-so because they were poorly mastered sound awesome. I've never heard my cds sound so good. The soundstage is huge with this system. I don't have flabby bass. It's just gorgeous. It has the same crummy PC as the amp came with. I'm hoping a replacement will improve the JD-100 as well. Oh, and I listen primarily to 60's and 70's rnr. I have an original Ryko edition of Bowie's "Diamond Dogs" on right now and it's never sounded this good. I need to purchase a phono preamp so I can compare it to my vinyl copy.

Anyway, that's my experience. Your mileage may vary.