Favorite one box C.D.??

Really stuck between adding an external DAC or going to a great one box solution. Some names that come to mind are Cary 306/200, ARC CD3, Electrocompaniet EMC1 UP, AudioMeca Meridian 508.24 as well as a few others. I really like detail yet without the harshness of digital or digital glare. Any and all opinions would be valued.

Good Listening and Happy Holidays to all,

Steve Bachman
sbachman
Rec (or anyone else with info of course),
I've heard some uncomplimentary things about the mechanical reliability of the Audiomeca's - have you heard or experienced any such thing? I almost pulled the trigger on a Mephisto II transport, but backed off. I hope I made a good decision :-(

Anyone comment on an AudioNote CDP? I think their one-box is not in the same price-league with some of these.
Wadia 860SE and the Mark Levisn 390S. I bought the 390S after a 20 minute listening session at my dealer.
Note: I did not care for the old 39, the 390S is an entirely new animal! Since you did not list the components in your system, I just suggegested what I like vs what might be a good match for you. Audiomeca Mephisto II also comes to mind. Good Luck.
The Levinson 390S is the best player I've heard and I've listened to many one-box players and transport & DAC combinations. Detailed but very analog sounding with a wide and deep soundstage. The only problem is price, it's expensive (too rich for me right now) and at the high end for players you are considering.