External HD Changing the quality of the sound?

Hi everyone! It's my first thread i start in this community and i'm willing to go far in the journey of Hi-Fi audio :)
So i was wondering, is it real that if you put your audio file in an external hd it lower the quality on the outline?
I still don't have dac to test it so i wanted to be sure before putting my library in it, since my external hd is a 2tb and the one i have in my imac is a 500gb and is full...
Also, is it true that the type of connection used for my hd is changing the quality (usb 2.0, usb 3.0, firewire800)?
I know how it could affect it, i just want to know if it is all true?
freb03
Oh, if you are using a USB connection on your DAC, use a FW or Thunderbolt drive. If you are using a FW-SPDIF connection, use a USB DAC.
i have the G-Drive 2tb with firewire800 :)
I use itunes to manage my library (yes i know the bads about it, but i have too many music and the way it's displayed for me is easy to manage how to play my music)
So how can i set it to the memory cache? O_o
and it's better to use a different type of connection for my audio source than a dac or so it will take the power from it, isn't it right?
I too use iTunes. But the Mac version is better integrated with the OS from what I understand than the PC version and it is a great way to organize album meta data and playlist. I just organize them once and it works for my music servers and iOS/iPod devices as well.

To use memory play, try BitPerfect from the AppStore. It's a very simple, very easy to use plug in to iTunes. It bypasses iTunes' playback engine and sounds very good.

It's IMHO a close second to Audirvana Plus (which is still affordable) and A+ provides the option to play DSD files as well, if supported by the DAC (it will convert DSD to PCM otherwise). If you only have primarily RBCD or HR PCM, BitPerfect will work just as well.

PureMusic and Amarra IMHO are much pricier and not worth the added moolah.