Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Iknev,
I listened to the Gallos while looking for my new system (the Strada+Sub). Actually, it was only a few days before a listened to the MMM1s. I wanted to get to know the Gallo house sound. I liked it very, very much... that is, until I listened to the MMM1s. The Gallos are very, very fast, but so are the MMM1s. I did feel a little uncomfortable with the Gallo's slight metallic tone in the higher mids. We played around with different ICs, but when using a more "musical" cable (Silent Source) I lost that wonderful transparent timbre the Gallo's had and didn't really get rid of the emphasis. Going back to AQ Sky make everything clear again, but the higher mid got worse. Getting the right cables for the Gallos seems paramount. I believe that the Gallo's will give you better deep LF.
Having said that, I honestly don't believe that the Gallo's are in the same league as the MMM1s. I'm not badmouthing the Gallo's. I loved them until I listened to the MMM1s. Maybe it's best to compare them to my former speakers, the KEF Reference 201.2s, which are wonderful in many ways and are (or were) more than twice the MMM1 price. Surprisingly the latter bettered the former in almost everything and some things by not a small margin.
I'm starting to think that break-in is far enough for me to get serious with speaker placement, since I haven't played with placement since setting them up and without even trying to get a golden triangle for starters.
I definitely wouldn't go with low-powered amps. These speakers need high currents and it doesn't hurt to have high-powered quality amps either. The rest of my setup should show that I take these speakers very seriously.
My burn in is over and impressions are on par with what I'm hearing here. I love them and find them amazing regardless of price point. Key points for me my room is not that big 15x16 and they fill it nicely. Using both ARC REF250s and REF75 for amps and both are stunning. I suppose I could go spend much more but why? Great Job EA !!!!
thanks folks ! paid for pair , should arrive soon...all the feedback was useful in making the decision. will let you know my thoughts soon.
Just had Scott, the local distributor for Evolution Audio, come over to set up the speakers, since I don't have much experience with that part. He was simply great, brought his gear with him in order to do it properly and I simply LOVED the result. Now I have a very spacious and holographic sound stage with wonderful imaging. I do not only have a deep sound stage, but also have depth to the singers and instruments ("meat on the bones" as Scott would put it).
Now we'll just let me get used to the sound to see if minor adjustments will have to made before we put these babies on spikes.
Thanks a lot Scott (if you read this). Fantastic customer service.
So I got the speakers just after X-mas. They are stunning to look at and so petite!!. The stand took a little bit of work.
Even in the first 10hrs of my listening I was impressed. The music seemed so natural and engaging. It was very resolved and yet very far from being bright.. I was very excited as it was sounding better than my old speakers even at 5-10hrs and not by a small margin....I was thinking that this might be best purchase I have done...That was the good part.

After 10hrs, the output from one speaker seemed to be less..After changing things around and making sure of connections and such I realized that one of the tweeters ( I think) was not working. I have emailed Jonathan about a week back and he was going to the CES and said he will help after coming back. Any thoughts? is this a driver issue or cross-over issue. Should I ask for a single speaker to be replaced
I have never replaced drivers myself? are these easy to do.
Waiting to hear from Jonathan.