Everybody’s Top 5 - Vinyl

Been reading what’s on everyone’s turntable tonight and got to wondering…what’s your top 5?

Here’s mine:
Dire Straits-Dire Straits
Fleetwood Mac-Tusk
The Police-Ghost In The Machine
Eric Clapton-Unplugged
Tom Petty-Wildflowers And All the Rest

Ag insider logo xs@2xrjlownote
[in alphabetical order]

If I Could only Remember my Name    David Crosby
The North Star Grassman and the Ravens   Sandy Denny
Blonde on Blonde         Bob Dylan
Sibelius   The Symphonies     Lahti Symphony Orchestra/Vanska
Shut up and Play your Guitar     Frank Zappa
roadwhorerecords That would be Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart!

Interesting. There is a propensity for artificial studio records although the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore East is mentioned several times. Not the that the music isn't great. Perhaps we should divide this up into five favorite live albums and five favorite studio records. They are different artforms in a sense. They have to be both a great performance and a great recording.

Live;
Tower of Power Direct on Sheffield Records.
Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
The Dead - Skull and Roses
Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light
Roxy Music - The High Road

Studio;
The Pixies - Surfa Rosa
NIN - The Downward Spiral
Haley Williams - Petals for Armor
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Roger Waters - Amused to Death

And, thousands of honorable mentions. 

Clearthinker - most people have no idea who Sandy Denny was talking about tragic. My favorite work with her at the helm would be Liege and Lief. After about 1/2 hour of Shut Up my eyes start to cross. I guess I prefer Zappa's solos in the context of his songs. He gets so technical sometimes the sole is missing, the mirror image of Duane Allman. I do love Uncle Meat and Burnt Weeny Sandwich. Call Any Vegetable probably has his most famous guitar solo.  

Will be hard to chose, so many great bands, singers  and musicians with great albums 
Slayer- Show no mercy 
Metallica- Kill’em all
Mercyful Fate- Don’t Break the Oath
Exodus- Bonded by blood 
Iron Maiden- Iron Maiden 

@roadwhorerecords   Bongo Fury ha ha .  When I read that I had to pull out my copy and give it a spin.  She's not quite 200 years old and still sound great.  Thanks.
- Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy
(First vinyl purchase with my own money all those years ago.)

- Ramones - It’s Alive
(Recorded New Years Eve 1977 @ The Rainbow London. Originally purchased as a Dutch import early 198(?). Not officially released stateside until 1996. Say what you will, imo the greatest live rock n’ roll performance ever recorded. Full show-27 minutes. It’s on Youtube.

- Various Readers Digest box sets late 70’s early 80’s. Direct RCA/Columbia masters. (Thrift store find @ $4.00 a box. Obvious I was the first to take them out of their sleeves. As pressed condition.)

- Clapton Unplugged
- Sinatra At The Sands