Esoteric K-01/K-03 Owners

Spoke today with the local Esoteric rep to get information on plans to upgrade existing K-01/K-03 users to the "X" model which is only sold overseas at this time. Here is the scoop. (Dates/$$ are only close estimates)

- Upgrades will be available in October 2014
- The upgrade will include the USB input mechanism to support 2.8 MHz DSD (Native Playback) and 384 MHz (PCM).
- There are several other upgrades to the K-01x/K-03x that are not included. (i.e. Upgrades to the DAC, Transport, etc that are direct descendants of the
Grandioso Model).
- Approx. cost is $1,000 (Not including 2-way shipping)
- The Upgrades will be provided in California

Info. on K-03x: http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esoteric/k03x/indexe.html

Beats having to buy a new DSD Dac in the meantime if patient.

Ciao
gocubs999
And if you uninstall the Esoteric driver, I suggest you also cleanup the registry after that... If the driver has installed with some broken pieces, detritus might be left in the registry after uninstallation... And the junk will be around after a fresh install. G.
I might have missed something....did they put out a new driver for the high-end mode so the USB port (asyc HS-2) for the K-01, K-03 and D-02? Have they solved the MacOSX compatibility issue yet for high-speed async mode?
"did they put out a new driver for the high-end mode so the USB port (asyc HS-2) for the K-01, K-03 and D-02? Have they solved the MacOSX compatibility issue yet for high-speed async mode?"

I sent an email to Integra/Onkyo/Esoteric US and here's the response w.r.t. the Yosemite problem and the USB upgrade:

"As of right now, no I have not heard anything from them regarding a fix for the Yosemite issue. Regarding the upgrade for your K-03, there will soon be one for the USB board that will allow DSD 2,8MHz (not DSD 5.6MHz) files to be played, but this is the only upgrade on the horizon.
The USB upgrade should be announced soon with pricing and procedures for K-01 and K-03 on the Esoteric-USA website."

$1500US for the upgrade is pretty steep for Canadians at the moment esp. when the same mod. only cost 100000 yen.

BTW, there may be a good chance that this USB upgrade will also remedy the Yosemite problem by making the USB port Audio Class 2.0 compliance like the two new "X" players (i.e. no need for an USB driver). Hope we got more info. later from Integra/Onkyo/Esoteric US.