Emotiva amplifiers review/experience?

Anyone had a chance to try out the Emotiva amplifiers and compare them to some of the more well known brands? How are the sound quality of the amps and how do they compare to other brands? Are they significantly worse or by some slight margin? Please let me know as I'm very interested in their products! Thank you!
garrettni
My friend, I guess you totally misunderstand what I said. If what you said would've been true, about removing the ground pin and having problems with the insurance, then how come most electronics from many respected manufactures DO NOT add or employ their ground ping in their audio systems? Like I mentioned before; take a look at some of the Marantz processors as well as their power amps and home theater receivers. They all come with the positive and negative polarity only, no grounds. Even my Sony S790 blu-ray player, a simple player that I use mostly for movies, does not come with the ground pin. And if that would've been a safety issue, how come most appliances around the house do not comes with the ground pin such as lamps, toasters, cell phone chargers, etc. And by the way, I never mentioned anything about reversing the AC polarity. In the contrary, what I recommended was to make sure you had the right polarity, the small pin(+) positive and the large (-)the negative. And by the way, I also have my background in electronics as an audio/video technician. I went to TCI School in N.Y. City, back in the 90's. Furthermore, I worked for a mayor company repairing and replacing flat panel TV's for Circuit City and Best Buys. I also design my own speakers. So, the advised that I am giving you does not comes from an amateur.
Yes, many electronics companies do not design their products to have the ground pin, and that is fine. The point is not whether or not the manufacturer includes one. They follow the various laws and safety regulations or else their products would not be sold here.

The point is when a ground pin has been designed with a component. It is there for a reason. If you remove it you are removing a safety component that the manufacturer has put there for a reason, whether it be UA standards, consumer laws or safety regulations. And insurance love to find excuses to exclude claims. Tampering with ground pins would make an insurance claims manager giddy.

Your polarity comment puzzles me. I understood fully what you said the first time, and this time, what I was saying is having reversed polarity is almost unheard of, and not something that needs to be checked out unless there are symptoms. Many home owners wouldn't have the slightest idea or equipment to inspect for polarity. But I suppose it would do no harm if they know what they are doing and don't shock themselves.
I understand your concern as well. But you may be surprise on how many dealers and manufacturers recommend removing the ground pin because of a ground loop causing noise in your system. If you don't, you would not be able to enjoy your music at all because of the "humb". Of course, you are not doing it on purpose, but you have to. Take a look at PS Audio power cables. They are designed with a removable ground pin for those purposes. So, if the ground pin is remove under those conditions, the insurance company will not cover because a ground ping was removed from the system? I doubt it. I remember when I had the Aragon stage one processor along with the matching 3005 power amp connected with a power subwoofer in the same power strip. I had to remove one ground pin from the preamp or power amp in order to avoid ground loops because they were all grounded.

Now, in regards to the polarity, I read your comments more carefully and understood better what you are trying to say. But, remember that back on the 80's when the electric companies started to replace the old AC socket with the new three prong, many were installed the wrong way by people who never had a background as electricians. Therefore, I always check my polarity as a rule every time I move from one apartment to another just in case. You may be surprise how many were installed the wrong way.

Any way, happy listening!