Electrocompaniet ECI 3 vs Primare A30.1/I30

Which one would you choose to drive Sonus Faber sonetto's ?
1. Electrocompaniet ECI 3 Pre owned 1000$
1. Primare A30.1 MKII Pre owned 670$

Is it work the extra 400$ for the EC ECI3 ?
celestial__sound
You are limiting yourself to old / discontinued brand models . The $400 spread is immaterial in your decision tree IMO.

MY TAKE ON CHOICE

- because they are old / discontinued models, what’s the inevitable repairs and parts availability pathway?
it
ELECTROCOMPANIET AS filed for bankruptcy today 19-06-2018???

Norwegian link https://w2.brreg.no/kunngjoring/hent_en.jsp?kid=20180000356018&sokeverdi=987470445&spraak=nb

- Neither has / had a broad distribution network on this side of the pond and resulting lack of awareness and limited appeal to the NA hobbyist. That has a direct reduction effect on any future resale price and in my experiences, an avoidance of dealer favourable trade-ins.

- the Electrocompaniet ECI 3 is described in the reviews and Euro Forums as being much more a potential synergy match problem with speakers . ( for example, ok with MLs and Harbeths but lousy with Thiels ,,,) Hence unless you have actually auditioned them with Sonus Fabers, that’s a high risk gamble that I would never make blindly.

- there are various audio forum posts that suggest the reliability of the ECI as lousy. That makes the first point a key item.

eg AGON : Serious problem with Electrocompaniet ECI-3

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/serious-problem-with-electrocompaniet-eci-3

FYI AGONer post Electrocompaniet ECI-3 vs Classe CAP-101
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/electrocompaniet-eci-3-vs-classe-cap-101
SFs apparently like power so the extra grunt (100 vs 70) in the PRIMARE that may steer you toward them
MY TAKE

There are many other just as good or better brand options out there for a decision in suitable good synergy match / budget matrix, especially if you are unable to actually audition them with your speakers.

fwiw

Primare distributor in US is Mofi

And also, Cable Co is an authorized dealer,

Crutchfield is also an authorized dealer now, believe it or not,

I have had a couple of communications with them in Sweden about my CD35 Prisma and they have been very responsive, so , so far so good, cd player and media player excellent build quality, sq, and app pretty good, could be improved, as could others I've used, only thing I don't like is difficult to read front display from afar, too small, but they say that the app is what should be used, so I'm getting used to that, I'm an old timer so still resist the app thing

My understanding is they also have an associated servicer in the US, but you would have to contact Mofi to verify

They are also releasing ht processors soon, so they may be increasing their presence in the US

Nice gear, SQ oriented, different looks-wise, some may like, others not so much, worthy of consideration, but most Electrocompaniet would seem to be in a higher league

Thanks for your replay @akg_ca
I understand your concerns for spare parts and reliability but in my country the choices for a new amplifier are very limited, here are several
- Roksan K3 Integrated 1500$
- Arcam SA20 1200$
- Rega Elex-R 1300$
- Cambride Audio CX-81 1100$
- NAD C275 1200$
- AUDIOLAB 8300A 1200$
- VINCENT SV-227MK 1500$
Do you think any of these can compete with the mentioned amplifiers from the original post? What would be your choice under 1500$ apart from this list?