EL 34 Amp Recommendations

I've got the bug to upgrade my amplifier, not too hard to do using a SS Nad that is 20 years old. After doing a bit of research I would like a EL 34 tube amp. I haven't tried a tube amp before so this is new territory for me.
My system:

Sonos--source
Pre-Amp--Cary SLP 98
Speakers--89db efficient
Subs--2 Vandersteen 2WQ

Would like to keep the budget under $2,200.
Any recomendations?

Thanks for the help,
Doug
keep_lookingup
Music Reference, unbeatable reliability, great sound, go to RAM tube web site and email Roger!
A lot of good suggestions. Thanks all. I did have my eyes on the CJ mv-60 and the quicksilvers. Going to look into the others. I was also considering the Cary Rocket 88. Would like to purchase used and save a few $'s. I have bought almost all my equipment used over the years.
I haven't tried a tube amp before so this is new territory for me.

Consider an amp that can use more than just EL34's (good start IMO).

Also consider that with an auto-biasing amp if there are more than 2 output tubes you should really stick with matched quads. Meaning if you lose a tube a replacement may be too different from the other 3 and the auto-biasing may not be able to handle it. With some tubes pairs are a lot easier to find especially with vintage tubes.

Last consider an amp that has great protection circuit for the output tubes. Without it depending how a tube decides it's time for tube heaven it could take out some resistors. Also a soft start circuit helps extend the tube life.

That being said I haven't seen anything that is all of the above anywhere near your budget. I have an Octave V70SE integrated that does all of that but it is 7k (have only seen 1 V70 not SE used for 5k). So consider these when looking.
I'm another fan of Quicksilver Mid Mono's and Will Vincent's Stereo 70. In both amps I perfer the Gold Lion KT66.