DYNAVECTOR XV1T - XV-1T VTF ??

Anybody have any suggestions what VTF I should use on this cartridge? I'm using an AYRE DPS turntable with the factory carbon fibre Willi Bauer tone arm. I need a VTF of 2.7 grams to really make this cartridge come alive. My VTA is about level with the record perhaps a little lower on the weight side.

I have about 30 hours on the cartridge..

Stresses me out! is 2.7g too heavy ?
vanderdm
"How do you know when to stop adjusting?"

I use two or three records for set up. I keep a careful log of set up parameters during the adjustment process, noting changes. If you imagine performance as a parabola, you want to go past the peak and then go back to reconfirm.
I have found the mint Best Tractor easy to use and an essential tool when setting aligning my XV-1S on my Vector Model-3 tonearm.

http://mintlp.com/best.htm

With the Vector-3, I keep the VTF between 1.88 - 1.95grams max! I don't go above 1.95 simply because I don't want to put additional stress on the cantilever & cartridge suspension. My particular XV-1S has 2,000+ hours of play on it. The bass dynamics are awesome and the vocals are simply amazing. I spend most of my time doing critical vinyl to DSD transfers and I will re-record any album side that has any hint of sibilance in the vocals or lacks dynamic impact. I use Mo-Fi LP#9 stylus cleaner after every single album side. I also own two Onzow Zerodust cartridge cleaners but never use them. LP#9 high purity alcohol is all that I use and my Dynavector keeps on trudging along. I'm still amazed that the cartridge sounds this good after so many hours of play. I'm sticking with the low VTF settings and the mandatory cleaning after every album side.
Hi ,I have a Dynavector xv1t running through a Rothwell MCL step up transformer and there is a mismatch. Can any one advise on a suitable SUT or phono stage to match the Dynavector the amp is a mastersound ph5 into two Mastersound 845 monoblocks arm is a audio origami pu 7 12 inch the deck is a Systemdek 3d signature
Thanks
Patal