DYNAVECTOR XV1T - XV-1T VTF ??

Anybody have any suggestions what VTF I should use on this cartridge? I'm using an AYRE DPS turntable with the factory carbon fibre Willi Bauer tone arm. I need a VTF of 2.7 grams to really make this cartridge come alive. My VTA is about level with the record perhaps a little lower on the weight side.

I have about 30 hours on the cartridge..

Stresses me out! is 2.7g too heavy ?
vanderdm
XV1T sounds quite different than the other dynavector carts. IMHO, it is better than the other ones in the line up.

I have a XV1T among others and I think very highly of it. I initially set VTF at 2.0g when it was new. Now I set VTF at approx 1.9g. The cart seem to work better into >200ohm imped within my system. If I track at 2.1g or higher, there is sig. loss in resolution. Bass gets muddy with overhang and loses dynamics.

Optimal VTF may be altered by room temperature. I sometimes use tube amps and if room temp >85 degree, the optimal VTF needs to be lowered by 0.05g to be optimal. This is due to changing compliance of the suspension at different temperate. It helps to have a temperate gauge if amps gets very hot. Overall this is minor and certain not in the 0.7g range you have here.

Make sure the VTA is set correctly. At the same VTA setting, inappropriately high VTF will alter the SRA as higher pressure bends the cantilever. If your VTA is set too high, an inappropriate high VTF may yield a more correct SRA at the expense of other distortion. Try lowering the VTA and see if you can obtain better sound by lowering the VTF closer to 2g. I suspect you will damage the cart at 2.7g. ( Keep rechecking VTF as you change VTA). XV1T is heavier than my lyras and there is more change in VTF as I adjust VTA.

Does the cart mistrack when you use 2.0 - 2.2 g? If it does, you may need to re-align.
Thanks guys for your answers!

The cart does not mistrack..

Ok, I've brought it back to 2.0g I've installed 260 ohm resistors and I've put the VTA down a hair to compensate for the lighter weight.

I'll obsess over it tonight and let you know how it goes.

( I listened to the cart at 2.7g for maybe 30 minutes.. I couldn't bare to leave it there.. even though it was awesome..)
Ok, I speant hours last night adjusting this cartridge and what I found was the antiskate was a little too heavy and i think the extra weight of the cartridge compensated for it which made it sound better at the heavier weight. I'm happy to report that the cartidge is at 1.96 grams and it sounds absolutley incredible, I cant believe it!

The antiskate adjustment literally only needed the slightest tweak for such a massive improvement.

question - How do you know when to stop adjusting? Right now it's so incredible.. but could it get even better?

I'm afraid to touch it!

What are your thoughts?

P.S - the sound stage also improved with the resistors in.
Many audiogoners will tell you that no anti-skate or minimal anti-skate always sounds better. Don't use test discs, use your ears.

Glad you are dialing it in and enjoying it. As an XV-1s owner, I'm envious of an XV-1t!!
"How do you know when to stop adjusting?"

I use two or three records for set up. I keep a careful log of set up parameters during the adjustment process, noting changes. If you imagine performance as a parabola, you want to go past the peak and then go back to reconfirm.