Dynavector DV501 with a Grado?

I have a Dynavector DV501 with an assortment of carts (Sumiko Blue-Point #2, AT-1000, Dynavector 20X2 HO, Denon DL 103D,etc.) TT is a Thorens TD125. I want to try the Grado Timbre series, Sonata3, Master3 or Reference3. I understand headshell with this cart and arm can be a problem. Does anyone have experience with this (or these) combos. I see little info on the web about these carts in general. Any information would be appreciated, especially on the carts and which headshell works best with this setup.

Bill Taylor

hotwater

It looks as though the cart is screwed down from the top. My Orsonic screws from the bottom.

Grado Signature3 came yesterday and the weight is11.15 grams. The screws weigh 1.2 grams. I mounted it on one of my DV headshells and combined weight 26.75 grams. I thought it might work. In reality, my stock sub-weight is too light. I can achieve balance at the limit, but just barely. Most of my carts were in the 16+ range. I gave the larger sub-weight away to a friend years ago. I purchased an AT 9 gram headshell so I can at least use what I've got to get going. I've been told that magnesium is better for this cart so I am on the hunt. By the way, the Orsonic I have has a smaller sliding cross beam than what is made today and does require top nuts.

Bets Regards to all

Bill

Statement3 not signature. I hate the new names. Ok, headshell combo is 20.5 grams. No hum. (LO) but fighting antiskate. About 1.7g VTF and only played for an hour. Sounds like I expected. I think it will open up. I'll post again when and if it changes. One note. It is a MF to set up. the wooden body is so large that it is almost impossible to see the cantilever or stylus without a mirror. I have never owned a cart this large. With Stevenson you are all the way to the end (closest ortofon coupling) on the DV501.  Spindle/tonearm set at 226mm checked and rechecked.

best regards

bt