Dump run on McIntosh MC402?

How come there are nine MC402 amps for sale right now on this website?
Anyone got a comment on this?
rpfef
You may be right....... I am however prone to negotiation !! Quite frankly, I am ready to bite the bullet now and make the purchase . I am however still pondering between a c220 and a 2300 preamp. hmmmmm.......
Kwpatlaw
Im a 402 owner..make sure you like what you hear..I strongley suggest giving the Pass X250.0 a listen before you do
Thanks my friend. I am in Richmond Va. I need to find a Pass dealer near me to get a comparison.
I have an MC402 on my main system and an x250 on my bedroom system. They are fairly different. If you want smooth and listenable for long periods the MC402 is what I'd recommend. If you want more dynamics and detail with the little thickness (in a good way) on the detail go Pass.

The Pass puts off a lot of heat compared to the 402. The Pass has the same delicate middle as Ayre. I think if you A-B'ed Mc and Pass you'd immediately know which one you liked better. They are different sounding amps. You wouldn't sit there and think they are all that similar. The 402 has a higher WAF.

Reno hi fi will let you trial a Pass for 30 days with a minimal restocking fee.