DTS-HD Master Audio

Hello!

Does anyone know of a Blu-Ray player that has the DTS-HD Master Audio sound capability? A lot of reviews out that saying most of these latest Blu-Ray players out there do not decode DTS-HD Master Audio.

I have a receiver that has the DTS-HD Master Audio logo in front. I am looking for a Blu-Ray player that can has the DTS-HD Master Audio sound format so I can listen to it with my receiver.

Thanks for any advice!!
mantaraydesign
Hello - You can't bitstream Dolby true Hd or DTS HD Master Audio over a Coax. or optical connection - The new formats carry way to much information for the those digital connections - The only way to bitstream is via HDMI - If your Bluray has on board decoding of those formats then you could send them out analog to your receiver or pre/pro 5.1 or 7.1 analog inputs - Hope that Helps
Hello - You can't bitstream Dolby true Hd or DTS HD Master Audio over a Coax. or optical connection - The new formats carry way to much information for the those digital connections

It is not the amount of information. It IS the copy PROTECTION. Thus the HDMI.
Firedrums/Srwooten:
No matter the reason, you both are correct... I have a ps3 for blu-ray, and you MUST use HDMI. Also, you must use linear PCM, which carries the entire signal, decoded, to the receiver. Bitstream is compressed.
That does not sound correct to me - The benifit of the new formats is that they are not compressed - That might be the downside of the PS3 - The Bitsream should not be compressed - that is the whole point...
The bitstream is compressed, but the audio is lossless. Think of MLP for DVD-Audio. It's a compression scheme but it's lossless. When decoded by the receiver, the audio will be uncompressed.