Doge 9 listening experience...

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the above tube monoblocks in their system? I have B&W 804 speakers with Kimber cable and looking at upgrading my Cd player and pre-amp to the Doge 6 and Doge 8. For some funny reason there is a reasonable amount of info/reviews on the 6 and 8 but nothing that I can find on the 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
reviveespresso
I too am very interested in these amps. I imagine that the Doge 9 is not as popular because they are sold from China and not through a US importer such as Pacific Valve.

They have a very similar configuration to the Jolida amps with the 211 tubes and a 200w output, but with nicer looking chassis.

If they are as good as the other Doge units they are a sure winner.

now who is going to take their chances and order them?

e
I´ve had these big babies since August 2009. I have been planning to writing a review since there simply is no information anywhere about them. I went from Nuforce to these and haven´t looked back. I found the Doges to be very, very good indeed, with good resolution, dynamics and are easily biased. To my ears; and I have compared them with tube amps costing about $10-12000, Doge 9 are as good or even better. Dead quiet too, and of course - heavy as hell all 48 kilos each. Stock tubes, haven´t tried NOS or the Shuguang Psvanes.

My setup is Pioneer S1-EX, Opera Consonance Droplet, Ming Da MC-2A. Initially I had Magnepan 3.6R, but that wasn´t to my ears a good match.
thinman:

How long did it take to get your amps? Are you in the US? Can you recommend who to buy them from?

e
You must order them from China. I recommend www.timaudio.com. Honest people who have never let me down, and i´ve bought lots of gear from them. Delivery was about a month back then. Unfortunately I´m in Sweden BTW.