Doge 8 Clarity 2021 Phono settings

Greetings fellow AudiogoN'ers!  I recently purchased a used Doge 8 Clarity XLR 2021 edition to upgrade from my Doge 8 LP.  The line stage is a definite improvement, however I am struggling with the phono stage.  Either it has MUCH less gain than my LP, I haven't found the right settings, or it is defective.  I have tried different tubes to no avail.  I reached out to Doge via info@doge.audio but have yet to receive a response.  My cartridge is a Soundsmith Zephyr MK III.  I have a significant investment in 12AX7 tubes for the phono stage, and would prefer to get this resolved vs using an outboard phono stage.  If anyone has insight on the phono settings I would certainly appreciate it.

Ag insider logo xs@2xshamblinb

Can you tell me more about the ground 

And what you did to resolve it. My Doge 8 has always 

had a hum. 

I popped the top off and noticed there was a cable on the inside of the grounding bolt that wasn't secure.  I adjusted and tightened this cable connection, and that solved the hum issue.  My older Doge 8 LP does not have this ground connection on the inside.

FYI -  I eventually solved the gain issue with the MC settings, however I ended up adding an outboard phono stage anyway, the Hagerman Trumpet MC.  It uses 4 12AX7s and 2 12AU7s, so I could continue using my NOS Mazda silver plate tubes.  The onboard phono stage is very good considering, but the Hagerman sounds superior to my ears in my system.

Thank You!

Im going to open the top and check it out. Mine is Doge 8 Limited Edition version with Brimar tubes, its sounds great except the phono stage, iIwas starting to think it could be my cartage. This is all new to me