Does the original Sonus Faber Amati Homage Rock?

I need some advice , I have a chance to buy a set of SF Amati Homage speakers from a store in MICHIGAN for 12k shipped the speakers look fantastic near mint!.  My concern is  all that I have read says that there bass shy , last fall I bought a set of Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers version two used I over paid don't think the Ulysses speakers came close to my long-term Tyler Acoustic linbrook signature floor standers,  I ended up losing almost 2k on that deal I play mostly Rock music and some Jazz anyone still own these speakers and will they play Rock music well   like Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, the Beatles ect. Any suggestions for me also am I over paying if I buy, thanks for any Help 
128x128goofy
Your Right mofojo , I would feel a little better even if I could bring it down a $1000. I am way more worried about how they will sound if there Magic then a weeks pay won't matter in the long run , so far my long journey for Audio Nirvana has been rough I have tried B&W 804 and 801 Matrix plus B&W 802 N and Daedalus Audio Ulysses v2 , so far only the Tyler  acoustics Linbrook Sig.one piece have pleased me long term and they are far from perfect, plus they are no longer made , so again thanks  
To report back on the Sonus Faber Amati Homage speakers I ended up paying about 10k after shipping I was surprised how well these speakers were taken care of when I got them I was unable to find any marks or scatches the woodworking was first rate   the rest of my system is a set of McIntosh MC 501 Mono's,  ModWright LS 36.5DM Tubed Linestage ,  Oppo/ModWright 205 spinner with Tube Mods,  Crystal clear Audio Silver cables, I also have two Velodyne DD 15 run in stereo I don't always use the subs but there nice for some music, to get back to the Amati's at first listen I didn't think that the Amati's were that much better than my Tylers with seas drivers but I gave them a long run in to my surprise the Amati's got better with time and small ajuments now I am getting a wide deep soundstage a buetifull airy highs and midrange to die for the Tylers had slightly more bass but the Amati's are more realistic , I admit I over paid for a speaker this old but the service I got from the store was worth the extra money my Tylers were sold for me and a check is on the way , all I wanted was a great sounding speakers and I am getting that with the Original Amati Homage speakers, I will most likely make one more move with a Pass Labs class A power Amp and a better front end, for all the Audiogon community who gave me advice Thank you very much! Happy listening 

Goofy, 

I am a relatively new Amati owner. I have been thankful for the thread you created a few years ago and just wanted to remark that. First off, if you luv the sound, as you know, you didn’t overpay. I have had the Cremona, a set of the (Liuto) bookshelves and the grand pianos with the granite stands for a secondary system. All beautiful. I am poking around as my treble tone after about 1/3 the way up my volume - I am getting a bit of “over treble” -almost sounds like distortion.  I wouldn’t describe it as lacking bass as much as too much treble. At lower levels Mofi Jazz, Blues and classic rock sound amazing. I am kicking the tires wondering if there is a crossover challenge- not sure how many owners there were before me. I drive these with my HUGE Mark Levinson (Red Rose) mono blocs & my Vac Reference two box Pre. 

I was fortunate to do a trade with a seller and received a terrific deal (provided the crossovers are fine). But wondering if I should go off in another direction as I do a great amount of listening to classic rock. 

I hope you have had a ton of fun listening to those fellas! Thanks for creating the thread. 
steve