does anyone know about c-j premier 5 monos?

how much used?
how long the tubs last for?
is it worth buying such an old amp?
will it sound right with my B&W 805?
will it fit in with my c-j pv 10 a pre?
amp used know is bryston 3bst.
thanks
phatal
One thing many overlook; the small driver tubes. They contribute more than one might think.I bought some cryoed tubes and they were expensive / but worth it.
I just sold my pair and with the Music Tech upgrades / mods they only brought 2300.---One thing to have checked is the biassing resistors. They do go out. My 8's and 5's had this same problem. Tubes lasted for me around 3 years.
Phatal, note that Avguygeorge has given you a good price target now. The Music Technology/Bill Thalman mods to C-J gear are always worthwhile, imo.
thanks for your help.
i just listened to the cj and thay are just like you said.
great amp.im in canada so the price would be 5000.candian
or around 4000.us.what do you think? also i will be listing to a cary v12 se
mono amp.what do you think?this amp will coast around 6500.can (5500us).oh ya i just bought a pair of martin logan questz.the person sold his whole system,the
cary were used to power the logans.need help!!!what should i do???
thanks alex
AS I have posted what I got for my 5's (WITH the Bill Thallman full triode mod/ add an iec,and all)--- That price is way to much for any stock 5--and a stock unit won't allow connecting any modern speaker cable.---In that it won't accept banana or regular spades.---It has what they call a barrier strip---just screws and will accept only bare wire; or maybe some tiny flexable spade--(If such a thing exists). I could tell you how hard it was to sell my fives: I listed them 5 or 6 times over a 15 month period.While this is a good amp; at 4k there are 'many' good amps--Ones that will be less troublesome and will be eaiser to sell when the time comes.For that much money I'd buy the Rogue Zuse for 3800 in the adds now.(Today,1/31/05)---Remember this five is an old amp--and father time takes its toll on the parts.----If you have somebody close that can work on it ,that's fine.---I'll bet within 6 mos. you will have a bias resistor go out.(When this happens there is no control over the bias light;for 'that' tube.)--- 4k,in US is just WAY to much money.-- BTW; is this amp still stock??--emial me if you have more questions.