Does a particular musician’s songwriting and artistry speak to you above all others?

I’ve enjoyed all forms of music over the 60+ years of music being the one constant in my life. My music tastes have certainly evolved over time.  I’ll cover that in another thread some day. Currently i find myself listening to jazz > 95% of the time. There is one particular artist who really speaks to me and i thoroughly enjoy each of the >270 songs he has written, arranged, recorded, and produced. Every other artist falls far short for me.
Guitarist Chris Standring lays down unique grooves in each song that can inspire (in me) toe tapping, soulful reflection, sensuality, air guitar picking, and other effects depending on the song. 
This is a personal connection I’ve developed with Standring’s music. I’ve had the opportunity to hear him play in an intimate diinner music house in Nashville the past 2 years. My wife loves his music also, which is the cherry on top!

Does anyone else have a musician who speaks to them?

ezstreams

Great topic!  I was just thinking of this subject and wanted to start a thread about it, but this works.  Lately I almost always end my night listening to Radiohead.  Anybody else love this band?  If so what who else compares?

For over 50 years I’ve enjoyed the mastery of music and storytelling from Steely Dan. Their unique blend of obtuse  lyrics and complex arrangements gives me so much joy and satisfaction. Anybody willing to go down this rabbit hole will be amply awarded. 

For over 50 years I’ve enjoyed the mastery of music and storytelling from Steely Dan. Their unique blend of obtuse  lyrics and complex arrangements gives me so much joy and satisfaction. Anybody willing to go down this rabbit hole will be amply awarded. 

I think that @tony1954 makes a good point ,  My favorite would be David Crosby from the Byrds , C,S,N,  , C.S.N.& Y , His first solo album , Crosby Nash and then skip 50 years to Light House and Here If You Listen .