Do Usher spkrs sound great with Rock music?

I heard Ushers don't play Rock music all that well.I'm looking to purchase
the Be10's and would like some feedback.
Thanks mike
hiendmmoe
I have both the X-718's and a pair of BE-718's. They both love/need power, and the BE's seem to benefit from power even more than the X-series in my experience...
Hulskof:
They have the same sensitivity, and I certainly hope that, for double the price, they're better microdynamically! That said, Usher speakers are not speakers that sound their best played at lower levels. They need power, and speakers that need power don't usually have the lowest of noise floors, as noted about Magnepans' models, which need power and to be turned up a bit for some 'kick.' As Spurzehim noted, they both need power...
Yes - according to Usher, they have the same sensitivity. In the real world though, I am not so sure. Many recent reviews of the BE-718's have found them less sensitive than the specification - I don't know if the same can be said for the X-718's. When I said that the BE-718's benefit more from power, I was really referring to them "waking up" when fed a lot of power, not just that they make more noise.

The two speakers are more different than one might initially expect. However, the BE-718 is not just an X-718 with a better tweeter. Both drivers are different - with the BE-718 having a better midbass driver too, the crossover is different, and even the cabinet is different. The X-718's are vented through a circular port out back, whereas the BE-718's have a slot in the front. I suspect that the BE-718's are braced better too - I have not checked the weight of the two units, but I thought the BE-718's were heavier.

Sonically, these changes give you just a little more of everything - detail, slam, dynamics, midrange clarity, and an "ease of presentation" - not just changes up top.
As I noted, the 718s are said to be 87db, the same sensitivity as my Hales Revelations 3. They aren't. I have to turn up the integrated 1 full notch higher for the same volume level. Therefore, I suspect the 718s and Be-718s have the same sensitivity.