Do these speakers exist?

1) Time and phase-aligned (thus 1st-order xovers).

2) At least 90dB/W/m sensitive, 6+ ohms nominal and 20W SET-friendly (flat impedance).

3) Two or three way.

4) Floorstanders - flat to 35-40Hz.

5) Under $10K.

The new Thiel 3.7 qualifies. Is there another speaker? I can think of several with all but one of those qualities but none with all of them.
paulfolbrecht
Paul wrote:

"Roy is such a great guy to deal with, such an asset to the industry, and has taken so much time to answer questions, I'd honestly feel a bit guilty about buying them used."

Wow. Paul, I take my hat off to you, that you would want to support Roy even though it's not the most cost-effective route.

Now I don't mean anything against those who do buy used - you make the audio world go 'round! For instance, most of the time my customers have to sell something before they can buy what I'm peddling. Were it not for Audiogon, I'd make very few big-ticket sales.

Very best wishes to you, Paul. I hope you and a nice new pair of Green Mountain Audio speakers somehow end up together.

Duke
Drubin,

A recent review linked from the Silverline website noted that the Sonatina 3 uses 1st order x-overs. Another portion of the Silverline site implies that common crossover topology is used throughout the line. FWIW
Take a look at the VMPS RM30. If purchased full boat - outboard crossover and bass amp installed in XO, the sensitivity is 93db with a flat 8 ohm impedance. Retail price is around 8.5K and is heavily discounted.
I had forgotten all about VPRS. A lot of people sure love them. Never heard those either. Geneally I have to either drive for hours or go to a show to hear stuff. They are sensitive, too.

I went thru the archives here including a loooong thread about t&P dominated by Roy of GM. Boy, that man is a genius.
I've been reading the GMA website the past couple of days. I highly recommend it to everyone. Thoughtful, well-written, detailed explanations of the goals for each model, the approach taken to solve different problems...he describes just about everything. I would be surprised if there are more than a handful or two of speaker designers who know as much as Roy does or who are as disciplined and methodical about building their products.