Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
I would say there are audio gods. I refer to the Audio Gods as: coming on later at night due to less people using power at night. Alot of businesses are closed at night. I hear a real difference the later it gets, this is probable caused by more people in bed counting sheep and shuting their power off. Which brings me closer to the 120 cycles I don't get during the day. I have a niles IPC 12 power conditioner and during the day it averages betw 111-113 at night I've seen the LCD reach 119. And I would have to say it does sound better in my opinion. Then again I could be insane, especially when I concider how much I have tied up in this hobby.
PCC, if you're insane, you have company. Things do sound better at night. As a musician, my best playing is usually at night. The less-competing-power-demand theory makes perfect sense.
Thanx Prs123, my wife thinks I'm insane. But yes my theory is competing for power.
There are moments of calm and lucidity, in the dark of night, when the sound of the audio system is direct, the silence is pure, the transparency complete, when everything is heard precisely and not a single particular sound escapes the ear, when the mind is astonished to find itself (in these intervals) in this particular instant of duration rather than in any other, and if a thought arrives that us more complex than the sensation of the mere existence of the music, it can be redirected away like a traveller who has gotten lost and has asked directions to somewhere else and has already left after some assistance leaving me quite alone again.
...and afterwards, Slawney,when you woke up in your listening chair, the filled glass of red wine still firmly grasped in your left hand, you'll wonder if it was only a fata morgana....