Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
Ramstl is right about the "organic variables", but also about the AC, which is generally better at night. The right kind of temperature und humidity has an effect, I have found and of course listening in the dark, which will let your subjective perception of soundstage bloom and deepen. But then also the company you share your music with will often have an effect. Sounds crazy, but I have had repeated system breakdowns when I wanted to show off to certain people, while with specific others, the mutual enjoyment of the system, led to a deeper and deeper involvement with the musical event. I generally have found, that shared listening with a person close to you, makes for a deeper enjoyment and involvement,compared to just listening by yourself.
You are not nuts, slowhand, nor are you apparently alone.
Recently I played both my Buena Vista Social Club and my
Snatana Supernatural CD's and even my wife commented from the other room that something was missing that had been there the last time we played them - like a day or two ago!
I checked all connections, speaker position, etc. But nothing had changed! Except the Audio gods had temporarily sucked back all the magic out of my system/recordings. As far as a rational explanation, power variances(I do not have a line conditioner or UPS hooked up on this system) could make a difference, as well as ambient humidity and room temperature. Right. I obviously offended various audio gods, like Detail, Imaging, Soundstaging, MacroDynamics,
and needed to do penance.
After that, I am just plain mystified.
I love the audio gods. Late nights and early mornings when thier awake; the music brings me to tears, all my freinds think iam crazy and hearing things. In this world of audio gods ,why cant they make others here the same ? When one is asked how much you have invested,do you lie for fear of being thought of as a idiot. Maybe but the sheer satisfaction of that favorite song or cd just makes you froget about money and thank the GODS OF AUDIO