Do Cable Makers Know Their Own Products?

Like most of you, I have owned cables from many different manufacturers. How many of these cables are truly distinct from similar products put out by competing manufacturers? In my experience, there are some truly distinct cables out there but most fall into a gray area when they meet my system.

I was wondering if manufacturers would be able to recognize their own cables if they were put in a room with a high end system with someone conducting true A/B testing. For the sake of argument, let's say we put 5 top manufacturers in a room to test their top interconnects, speaker cables and power cords -- and their next-to-top interconnects, speaker cables and power cords. That means 5 manufacturers listening to 10 models of each cable. Before the testing begins we give them an hour to get used to the sound of this system. Would they be able to pick out their own cables?
sabai
I have no idea why this innocuous post of mine was disallowed seeing that my earlier post about black background was posted to the thread (above). So I will resubmit. Surely discussing the black background that so many cable makers claim for their cables is not a subject that crosses any line.

Here is my post that was disallowed:

"Furthermore, if these cables are doing nothing, according to the manufacturers, then where is all the blackness coming from? If one cable gives a blacker background than another cable then surely both are doing something. If this is so then how can they say their cables are doing nothing and then talk about blackness?"
Furthermore, when you think about it, what does blackness mean when used by makers to describe the sound of a cable in an audio system? Does it mean the cable produces sonic images that are clear, or clearer than before -- more detailed or transparent or dynamic or more tonally correct? Does it mean the cable produces sonic images that have more of a 3D or holographic presence? If so, what does any of this have to do with the word black? At a concert I have never heard people talking about the blackness of the background during intermission.

Is it assumed by cable makers that, since we know the meaning of the word black, that we must know the meaning of the word blackness when we hear it a sound system with a specific cable that is supposed to produce that blackness? What about those various shades of black? Is it also assumed that we know their meaning, as well?
NO...

not because they do not know the flavor of their cable,
it is that the cross-overs in use and the speaker elements
change - hid what the cable could-should sound like.

Until we stop using cross-overs, the cable confusion will
continue to be an on going problem.