DIY. Whose speakers would you use?

If you could pick and choose from any parts out there, which tweeters mids and woofers would you spec for a DIY set of speakers? What about the crossover electronics? Which caps, etc? Crossovers to be internal. Amps SS.
Thinking caps on please!!
Emphasis on boxes for serious listening.
Thanks. Have fun with this!!
edgecreek209

If I were to build a speaker, I would use a Heil Air Motion tweeter, a Vifa midrange, and a 12" neodymium woofer. The crossover would be a 3-way, 4th order, T-type. Crossover frequencies would be 400/2500, 94DB efficiency.

Capacitors for the midrange and tweeter would be Jentzen Superior Series Z-caps,and Solen Metallized Polypropelene for the woofer, which would be side firing.

A zebra wood finish and the project is complete.
If I were seriously looking for a recommendation for a kit, Audiogon would not be where I would ask this question. Some of the posts on this thread are excellent examples of why I say this. A lot of opinions from some who probably don't know which end of a screw driver to hold.
An interesting assembly Orpheus10. The finish would not be my taste, but otherwise, not bad at all.
Hi Dan ed,
No offense meant, but If you could not decern which comments to take seriously, you probably should not be building yourself. I asked the op several questions that really need to be answered to choose any diy speakers. No answers. To properly design yourself, you must be able to look at frequency, impedance and phase curves and know where to cross, what different slopes will sound like, how to handle impedence or frequency rises, etc... But for someone to build a kit, you simply need to be able to follow a simple speaker schematic and be handy with a soldering iron for the crossovers... Cabinets are another story... I've been building for 32 years, I still build a mediocre cabinet. My current speakers are completely mine and will compete at around $4 to $5K. I have around $900. in them.
Very good points Orpheus10. Gets to the reason for the thread. What speakers have we heard, maybe in multiple product lines, that keep coming back as good sound in a well executed design? Certainly the engineering is as critical as the components. The best speaker in an ill designed enclosure may sound terrible.
That said, I believe that with correct design, and the specified parts, the only remaining limitation of a kit is the skill of the DIY'er.