DIY WATT crossover network?

I just fried the tweeter part of a crossover in my WATT/Puppy 5.1s (freak accident--don't ask... ;) and need to replace it. A very well-respected amplifier designer whispered in my ear that I might be able to DIY a better one, rather than buying a replacement. Has anyone out there tried such a thing? (I have a good Pace iron & can solder well, but can't begin to design a crossover network myself).
wbpaley
Don't do it. Call Wilson and get a replacement, or send yours in to be repaired. The speaker serial no. is important too, because there are always variations during manufacturing runs, and Wilson keeps very good records of what exactly went into your 5.1s.
As per Ngarch above UNLESS you know someone who can reliably back-engineer the x-over (and also measure the tweets).
IF the latter then, yes, maybe you could SLIGHTLY improve it.
Ngsarch, Gregm, thank for the quick replies. I had hoped someone at Audiogon had already reverse engineered and improved upon it, and was willing to try putting it together if someone had. Would this be the right place to find someone who had?
You could try Eldragon. He DIY'd a pair of Wilson's a couple of years back...
Try the Madisound forum. Lots of talented engineers/people over there and a few Watt clones have been shown in the past.

Enjoy,
Bob