Digital Audio Denmark convertors

Has any member of this forum had an opportunity to audition these convertors and if so what is their impression.
I have heard them in my system for a short period of time and thought that they were outstanding on CD plaback alone. I was not able to access their higher resolution playback.
Anyone had a chance to compare this converter with other top rated converters such as Playback designs/Berkeley Audio dac etc?

ecka
Vincent, how much is the Digital Denmark converter for a normal two channel system using redbook CD?
Who are the U.S. distributors now that DAD has been acquired by NTP? I don't see it on the Trans Audio Group webpage any more. I know Independent Audio is still selling them though.

I'd presume just a basic 2-channel 48k model would be around $5k plus whatever interface you'd choose. Go full tilt boogie like we did and you're plunking down almost $18k!
The price for the unit is $5,416. Even though Las Vegas Pro Audio no longer distributes the unit. We are the only audiophile dealer at the moment for the same unit that is placed under the Merging Technolgies Sphinx 2 name. Here is information that will tell you more:
"Jointly developed with Danish Digital Audio Denmark (DAD) and Merging Technologies, the Sphynx-2 is an 8 channel integrated AD-DA interface offering the latest in Crystal chip technology to produce what we describe as the most advanced and sonically pure converter ever developed."

Go to the website at, http://www.merging.com/ Click on Sphinx2 and you will see that they are exactly the same unit, but with a different faceplate.

Now, I want to clear up my comments on the Playback Designs SACD Player. I am not one to slam any one's product, especially on a public forum, as I feel this is not appropriate to do. There are many products that are not to my liking, and I will never, talk about them in a public forum either. I know my comments about the unit is very blank and serve no purpose, and for this I apologize. If you want to know my opinions, then call me and then we can discuss things further.

Vincent R Sanders
VRS Audio Solutions
Let's just recognize each of us may have different opinions of what is "best" base don our own preferences and biases
Let's also recognize that Vincent's first post...

I have one here in Las Vegas and I can say without hesitation that it is by far the best converter on the market and I have compared it to many highend audiophile players such as the Playback designs & the Berkeley. They don't come close, and best of all, it is cheaper than both of these.

Vincent R Sanders
VRS Audio Solutions

.....failed to disclose that he is/was a dealer/distributor for the product he touts.....and his perspective was put in the strongest terms possible.

I am not one to slam any one's product, especially on a public forum, as I feel this is not appropriate to do. There are many products that are not to my liking, and I will never, talk about them in a public forum either.

hummmmmmm. except this time? but if we want more negative stuff we can call ya?

normally Audiofeil would be on Vincent's case big time by now.

i don't know Vincent and he very well may be sincere and credible.....in fact i assume that he is. but disclosure of a commercial interest is expected. others certainly get slammed for that sort of ommision.