Different CD Player

I am looking to replace my currant Cd player (Cary Audio 303/200). I am considering the following:

1) Marantz SA15s1
2) Marantz SA8001
3) Used Marantz SA14v2
4) Used Meridian 508.24

Would it be considered an upgrade with any of the above mentioned players? If so, which one would be the best bang for my buck. I am looking for stellar redbook performance and a player that will not have trouble reading cdr. Thank You.
jholmberg
I'd consider having your Cary Modded by Reference Audio Mods.

I had them mod my transport and DAC and am still amazed about how good they sound.
your going latteral. the nmarantz is only good if you want sacd. the meridian is very good also but old. if you want just great redbook look at the consonance 2.2mk reference 2k retail get it new a little less. amazing sound with a 500 mod to the tube and triodes and capicitors. great review and warm tube sound
To Getheleadout, Did you have a 303/200 modified by RAM?
If so,how much was the upgrade?
No, CEC trans and Musical Fidelity DAC. Trans was about $1,800 and DAC about $1,100. The price all depends on how much you have done.

But it really doesn't matter. RAM can and does modify everything out there. And there's no product that can't be improved through modding.

I'd suggest you give them a call or email and read their web site.

They're very informative and will explain exactly how they can improve your Cary.