Difference in sound between the RME ADI-2 DAC and the RME ADI-2 Pro DAC

Dear Friends,

Is there a difference in sound between the RME ADI-2 DAC and the RME ADI-2 Pro DAC?

chelg

It used to use the same chip until a fire at AKM limited availability. . The DAC is using an ESS chip and though they make it sound  extraordinary with their other components, it's an  ES9028Q2M. Check out its specs.

I first t he DAC first bought and the day I received it went on sale for $999- $300 off. The Pro went down from $1999 to $1699. After a couple of weeks, the Pro returned $2K and the DAC remained on sale everywhere. I picked up the Pro on sale.

Both are a great buy- incredible versatility with Bass, Treble, and a 5 band Parametric Eq. If you listen to the pro in balanced mode the volume jumps significantly in low power mode. I don't have measurement tools but it may double.

Both units are easy to love and recommend.

Agree with others above. Have the FS with Teddy Pardo PS. The Teddy Pardo made a nice improvement across the board, plus a lot more options for power cables.

Maybe this experience of forum member VySer with Teddy Pardo will be an eye-opener...