Diana Krall's New CD "Live in Paris"????

Has anyone heard the new Krall CD (NOT DVD) "Live in Paris", and what are your thoughts?
crega
I recall a similar debate here on Audiogon a couple of years ago. The issue then, and seemingly now, is that your opinion of DK tends to reflect your frame of reference. If your thing is female singers of popular music - then DK is pretty good. But if you have the somewhat more 'acquired' taste for a female jazz vocalist - then DK is bland, ordinary, and a dumbed-down version of much greater talents.

I don't mean this as a put down for those that like DK. Because I like both female pop singers and female jazz vocalists. But being into jazz, and when DK presents herself in a jazz setting, singing jazz standards, I cannot help but hear her in comparison to what much greater talents have achieved - in that jazz context.

But if your frame of reference is, for example Jewel, as was mentioned in an earlier post (and I listen to Jewel too), then it must be hard to understand why the jazz-oriented guys see DK as ordinary. In a 'popular' setting she is a class act.
Admit it, guys. Diana Krall is an audiophile favorite because her first few albums were well recorded. Her music is characterless and uninteresting, to my ears. And there is no swing to anything I've heard by her. I bought the first two albums back when I was driving around town "auditioning" equipment 2-3 times a month and used a couple of tracks as "testers". Since the heavy reissuing of superb jazz recordings from the last 50 years about 5 years ago (and ProAc 2.5s and Air Tight 300B) I'm too busy enjoying Ellington, Rollins, Davis, Horne, etc. No time for corporate created "hoochies" like Diana. But, again, this is just my taste. However, I also consider milk chocolate and Miller beer to be fakes. Anybody outside of Michigan able to get Bell's microbrews?
I stumbled upon Live in Paris at a local bookstore and bought it, never having owned a female jazz vocal CD before, but wanting to jump into the genre. I Love it. Any suggestions for better recordings/artists of this genre would be appreciated.
I rest my case. Tomryan, knowing his jazz, sees DK fumbling about in a jazz genre full of greater talents. Carlabarla is turned onto jazz for the first time by the accessibility of what DK has to offer, and will (hopefully) lead Carlabarla into the much greater joys that grooving to DK will open the mind to, such as Shirley Horne. We should all go through Jazz 101 at some stage in this hobby, and if DK pulls 'em in then she is doing a great service.
I got started down this road a couple of months ago with Patricia Barber. My observations...all have great voices

Dark, edgy, smooth..Patricia Barber, Jacintha, Christy Baron

Happy, bordering on pop...Diana Krall, Holly Cole, Jane Monheit, Karrin Allyson
Almost rock, interesting songs....Beth Orton, Sarah Dougher