DeVore Orangutan O/96

The original Orangutan thread appears to have been deleted, so I'll re-start it. Did anyone hear them at In Living Stereo earlier this month? Any initial thoughts or comparisons you can offer? I'm anxious to hear them myself, but don't plan on being in the NYC area anytime soon...
oldgrey
Hello again. Come on Guys. What the hell? I know that we all love Mystery and Mayhem, and we all need that trail to follow to keep our interest. I would love to hear this next up and comer, but really.

You are following the Stereophile Model. Please, just stop it. Take Stereophile as antithetical, that is to say they just ain't the one. They are as much truth as a drug dealer is. I am not trying to spawn a conversation, most truly not. There are more speaker producers than you can imagine. Please break the Stereophile mold. You should know, those are most certainly bought and paid for. Grow up, and spend your money wisely. There is great competition out there for your dollars if you are willing to take a look. Hey, I am just saying.
Now I just read Franks page. It was very good, and honest. The big truth that stands out is how many of the multitude of components that any of us has a hand in listening to. Frank admits to having heard very few. I admire his honesty, but please, oh please. If you heard the DeVore speakers when you had only heard a handful, and for a decent amount of time. I mean living with them, there is no way in hell you have any amount of aural time with them. Hence, we have 3 million loudspeaker producers. I am just so amazed that there are so many out there.

I have said my piece for now. Thanks, but please curb your enthusiasm. Cool right now doesn't mean a thing.
FWIW, everyone I've updated this review with a few photos.

Getting lost in analogue

Dalecrommie,

As a side note, I'm not sure what your 2 additional posts here are referring to, or if they're intended to be a constructive criticism of my post. In any event, I've had these speakers for almost 3 months, and I've run them through everything imaginable. I do think they're great, and I stand by my recommendation for people to check them out. Another I'd serious look at is the Tannoy Canterbury.

Still, at this level I think someone looking should consider them. But it's also worth noting that DeVore designed these speakers to work with high impedance, low wattage amps. The Os are set for 10 Ohms. So they're not ideal for everyone's system.

Regardless, happy musical listening to one and all!
Dalercrommie and All,

There are other dealers for Devore products. You can find them here:

DeVore Fidelity Dealers

I just ended up working with Matt because I bought Leben and Shindo products.
funny rant Dalercrommie. I've attend CES every year and have heard most highend speakers and can say the Orangutans are something very special. This hobby is all about new innovations, with manufacturers attempting to capture the ultimate sound and become the next classic.