Denon to Parasound

I’m looking to move on from my denon amps. Was previously considering the new crown drive ores but decided to pass after research. I want the sound of my recently sold technics sa 5760(first amp) back.

Looking at the Parasound a23. Max budget is $1000 msrp. Seems like Parasound would be a natural upgrade. I don’t want an emotiva or outlaw amp. Open to other entry level audio brands in this budget.

Am I going in the right direction? My setup is denon 4520ci->bluejeanscable->revel f12s & revel b1 subwoofer.

Would I notice improvement moving from a 150 watt per channel flagship denon to an audiophile 125 watt per channel separate? The denon was $2,500 msrp. Thoughts? If not, how much do I need to spend to get improved and similar power?
torriderword2

Don't go strictly by the specs, it is the sound that counts.   The power difference between a 180wpc amp and a 200wpc amp will not be audible.
Good advice.
Speaking of specs, the fact that Parasound lists the current of its amp at 45 amps per channel means that it has high current, regardless of RMS wattage.

And the Odyssey is a great recommendation.

@stereo5 I understand 20 watts will not be audible. I’m looking for an impressive impedance halve power rating. I’m under the impression that’s the best way to read how robust an amplifier really is.

What should I be looking at? # of amps current delivery? The denon, at 173/238 8/4 ohms 0.1 thd should be powerful enough, but it’s not. The sound falls apart at high volume.

Thanks guys

Edit: actually Parasound.com rates the a23 125/225. Almost a complete double down. Audio advisor specs must not be accurate?
I have Revel F-12's with a Parasound P5 pre and a A21 amp and love the combination, and some ways the A21 is amp overkill ( is that possible?). I haven't listened to a A23, but being the A21's little brother it sounds like a very good fit.
@762matt have u tried the f12s with a receiver? Do you ever run out of volume with the a21?

I find the f12s to be flat with fatiguing highs with my denon. Do the revels feel lively with nice mid bass with the a21 or still neutral like my experience?
I find the f12s to be flat with fatiguing highs with my denon. 
I bet the parasound amp alone makes little to no difference.  These speakers are quite sensitive and don't need a lot of juice, so it is not a power/current issue.  Maybe placement or room acoustics.  How big is the room and how far is your listening position?