Define

Greetings,

In the course of moving furniture around my office area I had cause to move my speakers, a pair of PMC TB-2 monitors. I used to own Vandersteen 1Cs and had a PDF from Vandersteen about speaker placement. In it there are several methods outlined to measure the space for good placement starting points. The measurements all refer to the speaker's "acoustic center". What exactly is that? The vertical plane of the tweeter? Woofer? Something else?

Thanks for your help.
roybatty
In a 2 way system where the drivers are not time aligned, is it, for the purposes of measuring distance to the acoustical center, more useful to use the woofer or the tweeter? I'm guessing that it would be the woofer, since lower frequencies are more directly coupled with room boundaries.
In a 2 way system where the drivers are not time aligned, is it, for the purposes of measuring distance to the acoustical center, more useful to use the woofer or the tweeter?

Is this a Voight-Kampff test to detect if you are an audiophile?
Is this a Voight-Kampff test to detect if you are an audiophile?

Does that make you Rachel?

No, it's a straight forward question. I swear. :)

If the acoustical center of a driver is where the cone and voice coil come together (as Rodman99999 says above), then for the purposes of measuring the distance to the acoustical center of a two way, non-time aligned system where both drivers attach to a front baffle, is it preferable to use the woofer or the tweeter as the measurement point?

The difference isn't large, but there is a difference between the two drivers.