Dedicated room suggestions

Hi all. I have an unfinished room that is 13x16.10. 
My system is a Cary Audio Tube amp, DMS650 streamer and DAC. And my very large Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers. 
I’m new to the game and looking for suggestions regarding layout and room treatments. Wondering if the speakers should go on the 13’ wall or the other way around. And any acoustic panels that can enhance sound, how many and where should they go?
Thanks in advance. 

chiadrum

You can setup a virtual system in your profile and post pics there. That harshness will likely resolve once you get your room right. Dampening sound around the window is a good idea if is noisy outside. The first thing is to orient your speakers and MLP. The angle is very important. As for which wall to face glass is not acoustic friendly. There are ways to treat windows but if you can keep the window behind or away from the space between you and the speakers its a plus. I know you are doing 2 channel not atmos but this diagram with the angles of the left and right speakers is a good layout:

As for the floor a rug or carpet is not as reflective as hard wood. Also you can use a tape measure to get the distance of each speaker to the MLP to match. Orient the tweeters to ear height if possible. Try and keep the speakers at least two feet out from the wall and then you can test moving them closer or further out to get what you like.

Hi there!

Acoustics and "the room" are one of the most important items to address first when putting a new stereo room together. I've used these folks for both products and detailed information. Top shelf products that work and do what you intended.

Realtraps.com

Excellent resource for anyone interested in acoustics. No affiliation - just a happy customer. 

I decided to use these Real Traps after reading how many professional music people use them. 

Another resource I found that really helped was a book by Jim Smith - Get Better Sound. With these two resources you'll get excellent results if implemented.

Enjoy!

For better or worse, my last three listening rooms have  had the speakers & me sitting along (though not actually against, of course) the longer walls. Whether it's mental or actually true, I simply get a larger, wider image, with image depth remaining largely the same. I get better bass balance, as well.