Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
More wonderful Lisa Gerard haunting vocals in her soundtrack for 'Whalerider' - great movie as well!
Message for AM_Dial.. that Cocteau Twins show you saw in 1990, was that the tour with Galaxie 500? I've always been depressed that I didn't catch that tour, I was in Cleveland but they played in Columbus..

Thanks,
Mason
Mason--

No, and yes--Cocteau Twins played Boston in, I think, November 1990, I believe at the Orpheum. This was the show I saw about a week before or after the Dead Can Dance show.

I did see Galaxie 500 open for Cocteau Twins at the Boston University ice hockey arena --but that was in March 1991. And it was by far the more memorable show of the two--BU had placed thick pads down over the ice (hockey season had yet to end; BU's team is usually good), but even before Galaxie 500 was done playing, my feet were freezing. Of course (as the Galaxie 500 box set liner notes explain), this was the next-to-last show Galaxie 500 ever played. Glad I caught them then! I remember Dean Wareham doing some amazing e-bow guitar during "Hearing Voices."

Joshua
I got to see DCD at Radio City Music Hall on 10/8. Fabulous show in a great venue, and one of only two shows on the tour done with an orchestra. Very different show than the 1998 tour - much more solo Lisa stuff. She can sing the most incredibly difficult vocal parts with no sign of strain - amazing.

This tour is over, but since they sold out everywhere and Brendan and Lisa got through it without killing each other, I'd be surprised if they didn't get out on the road again soon. They're not to be missed.

David