Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
Rja-Spot on attitude; your comment reminds me of the occasionally mentioned quote on Sirius classical "reminding you that all music was once new". Marco-I took the El Cant recommendation as well. Spinning non-stop.
Glad you guys liked the recommendation. Warren, good thing there wasn't too much of her as you may have run short on tissues. For more of Figueras, albeit not quite as dynamic a collection of work, there is a wonderful collection of lullabies she's done. It's also under Alia Vox label (owned by Jordi Savall & Figueras BTW), and is titled "Ninna Nanna". It's a lovely collection of lullabies throughout the ages. Much more low key than Sibil-La, but that same stunning voice, and also the attention to recording detail that Alia Vox is known for. There are many stunning recordings on this label if you enjoy early music. Savall's own recordings are brilliant (viola da gamba mostly)! His playing is breathtaking (pun intended - you will know what I mean if you hear one).

Marco
Those of you who are fans of Cocteau Twins ( or more precisely Liz Fraser's mesmorising voice) and Lisa Gerard of DCD should also check out the 4AD label 'Song to the Siren' 12 inch EP and 'Lonely as an Eyesore' LP which has a couple of haunting tracks unreleased on their own albums.

Liz Fraser has also done some tracks with Massive Attacks album 'Mezzanine' and an album with FSOL 'Lifeforms'
anybody for a used Mortal Coil? $10 with shipping. Not my cup of java. Not even close. I'll save the critique. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I gave it two listens. I would have canned it on the first, but I'm trying to be teachable. peace, warren