dcs sound

any thing better sounding than a dcs elgar plus with a new purcell. Looking to buy a digital setup.
deloaks1
I had a Sim Audio Eclipse CDP with DCS Purcell upsampler. DCS is excellent, however I was able to get rid of 3 pieces (Eclipse CDP; Purcell; ARC preamp) by moving to the excellent Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 one-box CDP. It even has a volume control so that I can drive my 4 tube amps direct in a bi-amp setup. Very analog-sounding as well, with a sub-miniature tube output stage. That being said, the DCS gear is very, very good- it comes down to a matter of taste really.
Can anyone compare the Audiomeca Mephisto II and/or the Enkianthus DAC to the Audio Aero Capitole? Is the Capitole more dynamic sounding than the Audiomeca gear?

Thanks,
Hi Rayhall,They are equally good. There is nothing out there that gets that analogue like sound. I tried both and bought the Audiomeca Mephisto II. I also have SACD and I like the smoothness and the palpability the Audiomeca gives me. Slingmeister
Thanks Slingmeister,

I had the Audiomeca Enkianthus DAC which was sweet, airy amd laid out an excellent soundstage. However, I found it just a little soft-sounding. Some have said that the Audio Aero gives a little bit more in the dynamics dept. Everyone seems to agree that both companies put out some of the best CDP/DAC's offered today. Thanks for your input.