dcs sound

any thing better sounding than a dcs elgar plus with a new purcell. Looking to buy a digital setup.
deloaks1
Plsl: I listen to mostly Classical and Jazz. Large orchestral as well as small ensemble. The Audiomeca handles it extremely well and never thins out the sound. I really loved my dCS gear and I would not have parted with it, if it were not for the remodeling. By chance I heard the Mephisto II with Enkianthus and I was very surprised. It gave me the depth and separation that I got from the dCS gear but retained the warmth and naturalness of the music.

If I were you, I would not run out and sell the dCS stuff, but I would urge you to compare them to the Audiomeca equipment and see if it does the same for you as it did for me.
This is what the pros use to master the audiophile CD you play at home. Why not get the original ?
Pls1..If I remember correctly, you use a SigTech room correction device. If that is you and you get an upsampler, make sure you modify the SigTech filters to output 24 bit words instead of the dithered 20 bits.