DAC /pre Advise NEEDED urgently

Hi

I have a chance to pick up a dacmagic plus ($450). My current dac is a behringer ultramatch pro src2496..

My setup so far magnepan mmg, two nad 216 power amps, rel quake. No preamp :(

I could either buy a yaqin ms-12b ($250) tube pre amp or buy the dacmagic plus and use the dac and pre from there and sell the behringer dac

any thoughts?
samiul00
A benchmark DAC would be good it has a volume control and could be used as a preamp.
I am having same struggle. Throw out the pre-amp and go straight from dac to amp with some passive pre-amp or volume control (outboard) I'm not sure i would trust the volume control in a DAC
I can control the volume from the pc which I'll use as source... Will that be any good? Any cheap passive pre out there?
In a previous post, I explained why I returned my DACMagic+ and bought a Wadia 121. In my system, at least, it didn't sound very good. Do some searching, and buy from a shop with a good return policy.
"...and it sounds amazing although the inexpensive cost loses it some points...."

Wow! You disparage a good-sounding product because it *doesn't* cost more money? Did you really mean that or were you joking?

-RW-