DAC contest: Border Patrol Sei or Chord Qutest?

I had a thread about CD transports hijacked by a member who insisted that I had to ditch the Border Patrol before doing anything else in my system. No idea how he landed on the Chord, but he did.

So, here you are... a place to stomp some more on the Border Patrol and praise the Chord... lol.

swvaaudiofan

This is a comparaison between the two... and it mirrors my findings. This being said, both are very good.                                           ihttps://youtu.be/XmPRQzsM0Cw?list=PLZToa7thVvKgKSc-EaIFy1f8i07BVkn6v

That Denafrips caught my eye a while ago. If the DAC was on the table I would likely agree and get one...

OP.  Ok, fair enough. A comparison between the Border Patrol and I assume the Chord Cutest, wouldn't prove much because those two dacs are so different sounding from one another it would be hard to make a fair comparison. Notice I said different sounding, not better or worse.

Found the Border Patrol for $900, so it seemed like a good addition. A concern was the Beryllium tweeters paired with a highly detailed, extremely precise DAC. The BP is not nearly as 'precise' as some.

Again I will mention that this thread came about when the earlier one was taken over by a DAC conversation. I initially asked about CD transports that I should consider that might be a bit better than NuPrime's CDT-9.