Customs delay from China. How long should I reasonably wait?

At this point I’m not going name any names but I have been waiting for a shipment from China that has been held by US Customs for eleven days now. The distributor has been very responsive to my concerns and has tried to obtain information from FedEx and customs broker without much luck. He’s telling me the package was picked randomly by customs for inspection but to have it held for eleven days seems a long time for just an inspection. Something tells me there’s more to this than just an inspection that’s holding it up. 
When I purchased this unit I was assured it would be shipped promptly and wasn’t expecting to have to deal with the uncertainty and BS I’m experiencing now. Just wondering how long of a wait is reasonable before I throw the towel in and demand my money back?

hiendmmoe

Here's an update on my package. Customs released it on 3/14/24 to FedEx and they have no idea where it is. It hasn't moved since it was released a week ago and FedEx has no idea why. Keep being told they are looking into it. I'm ready to bail on this and do a charge back before it's too late!

I’m sorry about your experience. My recently purchased Jay’s Audio CDT2-MK3 transport arrived from China via FedEx in less than a week which really surprised me.

Looks like everything might work out after all. Package found and should be here in the next day or two.