custom-built tube amps

Wht are the pros and cons of having a tube amp "custom built"? I heard one that another person had, by the same "builder", and it sounded absolutely glorious. What questions should I ask?
woody
Post removed 
Post removed 
My amps built triode 845 SE desing. 10 WATTS per channel drive better sound than other. tubesamp@mbox2.singnet.com
Go ahead to build an Amp for yourself, the easier way is to build a pre-amp first. A pre-amp cost not more then $100 but will give improvement that you never think it would. Its very easy to build too.
I found a Sansui AU-125 tube intergrated/power tube amp at a flee market. I paid the guy $50 and acted like he was robbing me. I never took tube amps seriously and figured I use it for tinkering...You know, with Sansui's great reputation for Amps (wink,wink). While nearly ruining an already neglected amp I retubed with a matched quartet of Svetlana 6l6gc's. Much to my surprise even this sorry state the sound stage and upper to mid frequencies where very impressive. I have been a fan of Musical Concepts mods and their sister company Musical Design for years. I have a custom built single ended, class A output stage modified x-Hafler DH220 that has humiliated many store brought pedegree (hi-end) amps. So I decided to go to the well once again. I sent the amp and it's schematic to John at Musical Concepts (Musical Design), and a year later and $1250.00 more I recieved the amp back. It has Cardis Binding posts, custom built pure tube phono stage, rebuilt power supply and much more. The end results was a stunning 35wpc tube amp that is rivaled by only the best hi-end tube gear selling at more the 2 or 3 times the price. Don't discount the custom built option.